But I'm going to catch up now, I promise.
First order of business? Accepting my blog award from Roxy!
Until now I didn't even know there was such thing - but I'm thrilled & honoured to receive it! Roxy is an amazing woman - so supportive and caring! Thank you for being a friend!
So... I'm told this is how it works:
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award. - check!
- Copy the award and place it in your blog. - check!
- Link the person who nominated you for this award. - HEY! didn't know how to do this before either! learning so much stuff tonight! check!
- Tell us 7 interesting things about you. - below...
- Nominate 7 bloggers.
- Post the links to the 7 bloggers you nominate. - um... .below!
I am a lover of anonymity :p
And Now... 7 interesting (?) things about me....
1. I am a musician of sorts - mainly a singer at this point (as you know, and SHOULD VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE NAVE SONG!) but I started off on the piano - got up to grade 8 and then switched to Viola. I played the viola all though high school and into university, but gave it up (though I still regret totally giving it up, and still own my instrument so I'll probably go back sometime soon). My real desire was to play the cello but my high school music teacher told me my hands were too small - I kinda proved her wrong though, in my final year of high school I taught myself to play. Couldn't afford to buy an instrument though :( I also taught myself to play the guitar - but that's purely for fun - I pretty much suck, but I enjoy it so I figure it doesn't matter.
2. I am trained as an interior decorator, but work as a receptionist DH & my home maintenance company (his father started it and left it to him, so I had to quit my other book-keeping/reception job to help him run it), and I dream (DREAM!) of being a writer... Blogging is helping a bit with that dream. At least I'm not getting rustier & mustier as days go by.
3. DH and I have a small zoo in our 2 bedroom apartment. Here's a list of what we currently have (we have been considerably downsizing since starting our TTC journey...)
- 2 dogs (one rottie/sheppard, one rottie/sheppard/pit)
- 2 cats (one is a flame-point siamese, the other I call "sweetcat cutecaticus")
- 1 iguana
- 1 chinese water dragon
- 1 mali euromastyx
- 2 chinese fire-belly toads
- 170 gallon salt water fishtank (used to have over 100 species in it, but again, we're downscaling, so now theres 3 fish and a shrimp in it :p)
4. I have been diagnosed with 4 different mental illnesses.
I don't think I have any of them.
5. I can read very very fast - but that means that I don't always retain everything the first time round, so I wind up having to re-read things a lot.
6. I have lived in Toronto, Ontario (or subburbs of) my whole life.... but I am pretty much sick of it here and can't wait to move further North ( Fertility Chick - you live in my dream spot, pretty much :P) I dream of big open spaces, trees, clean air, nicer people, slower pace.
7. I tend to do what I can to make sure I don't hurt anyone's feelings. This means that my feelings tend to get hurt a lot, because of being uber-flexible. But this is something I am trying to work on. So if I become a bitch suddenly then ya'll know why :p
Ok - so I got more brief as I went on, but you are all welcome to post questions, comments, whatever your hearts desire.
I am an open book :)