Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Realize

 

 

 


The days are getting longer and the sun is getting brighter.
People are getting bolder, the world has become a fighter.
We drive our cars and SUV's
Oblivious to the dying of the the bees
Not noticing how our just-learned to talkers
Are starting to look like our street walkers

I'll bet still you still  don't  know what I'm talking about
But if I were mention a new tax law coming out
You'd all shake your heads and mutter objections
Like money's the source of all our affections.

The nights are getting more foresaken, I wish it weren't the truth.
They're haunted by the souls of those who seek to be aloof.
People are meant to let out feeling
But not with guns and knives and stealing.
We need to go back to a time in our past
When living life was just not so fast.

I'll bet you don't know what I'm talking about.
What if I said the world's full of doubt?
Would you understand then the fear in my heart -
That what we really need is an impossible fresh start.

                                                      ~ Na-Ve '07

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails