Friday, January 29, 2010
Why I blog
1. I have loved journalling my whole life, but don't make enough time for it. Blogging is more convenient, plus I feel a responsibility to my readers to post often. And it's more eco-friendly.
2. I need a place to vent where no body knows my name. All too often I have vented to the wrong person, only to have it come back and bite me in the ass.
3. I love writing and have gotten really rusty at being able to put sentences together that aren't full of slang/ errors. Practice makes perfect.
4.The Global Village effect. I think it's amazing at how small the world is when you're a blogger. I love how I feel "close" to women (and men) around the world because of blogging and twitter.
5. I really need an outlet for my emotional stuff. This is different than venting, its not coming from an angry place.
6. DH is not great at conversing about above mentioned emotional stuff, so I need another support system sometimes.
7. It fills my bored moments (read:insomnia) with something more productive than staring at other people's lives on facebook.
8. I think it will make me more self aware.
9. Reading other peoples blogs is helping me to become more aware (in general) and also less judgmental.
10. I like the feeling that I may be helping someone out there with my words. Even if I'm just letting them know that they are not alone.
11. I like having something that is all mine. DH and I share everything, and spend a LOT of time together. I sometimes feel like I'm not my own person anymore because of that. My blog is helping to counteract that.
12. Three words. Shameless Self Promotion. I wish I could be a rockstar (well, a hippie, indie rockstar). Maybe I'll make it through twitter & blogger.
13. It makes me less lonely.
14. I can obsess endlessly over the aesthetic appeal of my blog and no one has to know about it (oops. I just told you all. this one is now kinda redundant)...
15. I like sharing my randomness with the world. Somehow when it's all writeen out, it doesn't seem like such randomness.
16. I can post whatever I like. Even a top 16 list (and no one can tell me it's dumb to have an arbitrary # like 16 as a top "something" list)
So there they are, just a few reasons why I am a blogger now.
What about you? Would love to hear some of your reasons....
Remember - sharing is caring :)