Tuesday, March 9, 2010
My 99 things.... Jumped on the bandwagon!
Time for me to jump on the bandwagon I suppose.
It's a good morning for it - so much to write that it's getting bottlenecked inside my brain and won't come out. My brain is a heinz ketchup bottle.
So here's my 99 things.... enjoy!
1. Started your own blog - so so SO glad I did - it's been a life saver. Literally.
2. Slept under the stars - fave way to sleep.
3. Played in a band - more than one
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity- time wise, yes. Money wise, no. If I had then I would have gone hungry and required charity myself.
7. Been to DisneyWorld
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis - D is the insect/reptile/wierd thing king... so of course I have to bold this one....
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch -guitar, cello, really any art I'm into at the moment I taught myself. The arts I was taught by someone else I don't quite enjoy as much.
15. Adopted a child - do fur babies count?
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked - not proud of this one. It was dumb but I was lucky.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb - ummmmm why is this on here?
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise - really want to go soon! I think D is almost convinced.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - I've been to Czechoslovakia (before it separated) and that's where my adopted parents are from....
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I have brief moments like this during the summer - only to be replaced with insurmountable broke-ness in the winter. Should probably learn to manage our money much better.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke - SOOOOO FUNNNNN!!!!! If I could do this every night I would.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - does McD's count? I've done that more than once....
44. Visited Africa- DEFINATELY want to do this one.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud - used to LOVE going mudsliding at overnight camp when I was a kid.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie - was 'almost' an extra in the movie "The Rock" because we were visiting Alcatraz the day it was being filmed.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - not YET.
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class - not YET.
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching - not YET.
63. Got flowers for no reason - D is good like that - he sometimes hand picks em for me on dog walks in the summer.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - been meaning to go at some point. It will be a very emotional experience for me, as my grandmother was in Auschwitz and has the tattoo still.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - my mother saved EVERYTHING. I just brought a ton of it home and now am wondering if I should keep em or give em away. Kind of want to keep at least all the books for my own kids....
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt - currently knitting squares to make a woolen quilt...
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades - not YET but D is dying to.
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone- I am a huge clutz. Was even more of a clutz when younger. Broken many bones.
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- does fish count?
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life - when I working at a day camp a kid almost drowned and I pulled him out and did CPR.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - Amanda Marshall - her mom worked at my high school.
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby :( :( :( :( :(
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit - UGH. Am now.....
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee - and am allergic to em! Had to give myself an epi-shot on a canoe trip once. That really sucked.
Well! I have actually done quite a few cool things! Mind you, most of the European stuff I've done I don't fully remember, I was so young, but I have the pics to prove I was there....MUST go back soon though.
Please comment - hearing from you makes me happy!