Monday, March 29, 2010

My last Passover as a neice - and a quick country drive.

I'm not sure what to write.
I'm not even sure I know what I'm thinking about anymore.
The past weekend has been a whirlwind - it's almost Tuesday and I can hardly remember Friday - Sunday. 

But I'll try to recap it. It's the only thing I can think to do to try to keep my brain from whirling out of control and winding up in a dark place.

Friday - was s'posed to leave early to go and visit D's sister up north but when I called my Mom she said that my uncle was doing really badly.  We decided to go to the hospital and decide for ourselves if we should go anyways.  Things had not changed substantially since we had been there on Sunday, however they were not good.  I decided that I needed to go and get @sarahnryan ready for phone calling because when he does pass away I'm not going to have any time or inclination to do any work requiring me speaking to people. The show must go on, so it's better if she is ready ahead of time.  We are getting her to take over most of the customer calling for work so that I can focus more attention on bookkeeping and records management.

And I also wanted to get really really sloshed on a Friday night for a change. It's been a loooooong time since I've partied and really let loose.  D doesn't really drink and I don't want to drink alone, but when we go up North we sometimes partake. I didn't get totally wasted, but was drunk enough to think that sleeping on the floor was a good idea once we realized that we didn't have the plug for our air mattress with us.  But not drunk enough to sleep through the night on an un-inflated mattress.   BOO. 

Saturday - LAZY day, LOVELY day, burning movies, chatting, went for a walk to the 'downtown' core of Thornbury (two streets, lovely little clothing & art shops, little deli's and restaurants and bakeries).  We picked up some yummy homemade sandwiches and returned back to @sarahnryan's for the rest of the afternoon of laziness.  Set out to go home at around 5pm.... took the route bypassing Barrie again, driving along Airport Rd. to 89, then 89 to 400 and 400 to 401.   Took some scenic pics, but not many came out...

Sunday - polished silver with my Dad, set the table for Passover Sedar, then to hospital for a few hours.  Really draining.  Came home and slept for like a zillion hours - aka. 'till 11am on Monday morning.  Gotta love the self-employed life!  Really needed it, D even saw it, and stayed super quiet, keeping the animals out in the living room with him so I could sleep. Still feel like I could sleep and sleep and sleep...

Monday - groceries, cooking, then to Mom's house to finish cooking, get ready and do the Sedar.  It was good to be together, but there's a cloud over our family.  Our close family friend always comes to our sedar and this year her  presence was even more needed, welcomed, appreciated and cherished as it allowed for a sense of 'normalcy' to return to our lives, even if just for the night.  

My poor parents.  They are completely worn out.  I wish I was better at handling death, I wish I could take over for my mother at caring for my uncle, but I just can not.  It took so much out of me just being there for so long on Sunday, watching him suffer.  I do not know how she's been doing that for 9 months straight - day in and day out.

And that's that - Oh.... I think there's something wrong with my iPhone, it doesn't seem to be charging properly, and we got 'lost' several times 'cuz the GPS kept losing us on the way up to Thornbury, and it keeps getting really really hot.... really hoping it doesn't crash on me now, 'cuz it's my lifeline to you all! (thus, sanity)  <3


  1. I'm really glad you decided to blog. I hope it helped some. It seems to have.

    I miss you.

  2. Thanks ladies - it did help to blog, and as always, my Twitter sisters have been an unbelievable sanity-saver. <3

  3. I'm thinking of you and holding you and your family in my heart <3



Related Posts with Thumbnails