Monday, November 1, 2010

My Walmart Skin Care Secret Combo

I used to have terrible skin.

So bad that my mom sought out medical assistance & my doctor prescribed 'Acutane'.  At 11 years old.  Needless to say that did a number on my just-reaching-puberty body (the pill capsules had a picture of a pregnant woman with an 'X' through her to demonstrate that getting pregnant while on this drug was ill advised due to the likelihood of birth defect.  But they thought nothing of putting a developing young woman on it.... hmmmm... *head scratching* ..........................................................But I digress...  this is not meant to be a post about the ill effects of over-medicating youth {ahem, I deal with endometriosis and fibromyalgia  now, as an adult...}

What this post IS about is the combo of products that I've been religiously (till recently) using in the last 5-6 or so years, and it has been working wonders.  Such wonders in fact that recently, when I've been cutting certain expenses out, I've realized (with the dawn of a fresh face full of little red pimples & blemishes) I NEED my skin care regiment.

People used  to ask me what I use. People used to comment (with compliments!!) on my skin, not too long ago, and really, the stuff I use is not expensive at all.  

So here they are, the products that I combine (all from Wal-Mart, or Shoppers Drugmart) to create the nice, smooth & radiant skin that I am now proud to say is mine.




 Sometimes I mix the Garnier moisturizer/sunscreen with
Rimmel foundation to create a dewey'er more transparent & light foundation.  

I follow up (if I'm dressing up) with some powder bronzer just as cheekbone highlights & some subtle eye makeup & lipgloss.   I'm all about the light & natural look!

Do you have any favourite skin secrets that I can share with my readers? Please share!
Do you like these types of product-evaluation posts from me or should I stick with the emotional & inspirational stuff? Talk to me! :)

*I was not paid to write this blog, nor am I an employee of any of the products or stores that I mention*

2 comments:

  1. I love that Garnier stuff, I use it as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this! I can appreciate it, too, as I have really bad problems with rosacea and adult acne. Mine didn't get really bad until my 30s, though (why you rarely see recent pics of me). I can't use that particular scrub because it makes me break out, but my sister LOVES it! I'm going to check out your other products, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails